Useful Links & References
This page includes a summarized list of helpful links to our documentation, software systems, and platforms used by SoundBio Lab.
Table of Contents
- Helpful Links
- Documentation & Forms
- Docusign E-forms
- Project Proposal Form
- Supply Submission Form
- Software Systems
- On-Site Meeting
- Membership Payment
- Lab Ordering + Inventory
- Other services
- Price Catalogues
- MeetUp - Website we use to schedule workshops or other social events in the Lab.
- For everyone interested. You will need to create a MeetUp account.
Documentation & Forms
We store all information in digital format via DocuSign (legal documents), and Google Drive.
- Membership & Code of Conduct Agreement – Detailed guide of rules/lab policies. Posted here for reference.
- Liability & Safety Waiver – Detailed review of safety requirements & expectations. Posted here for reference.
- Cleaning Policy – Agreement to follow our cleaning policy which is posted here for reference.
- Everyone must sign this - Members, Volunteers, Workshop attendees. No exceptions.
- Safety Certification - Proof that you completed our safety training - signed on-site after training session, immediately after training is complete. Please make sure you connect with our lab manager to do this.
- Outside organisms
- Environmental samples
- Something else that was not on your initial project proposal
Check our Google Calendars. Here is a link to our SoundBio Public Calendar (iCal Link). This calendar is also on the SoundBio Events Page. The Open Lab Hours are when our Lab Manager should be in the lab.
- Researcher + Lead members: You should also have been invited to the SoundBio Lab Calendar.
- This is a calendar that shows when there are events in the lab that will take up a significant amount of space. Event details are hidden for privacy purposes.
Sign up for an on-site Meeting. This could be for questions, concerns, safety training or any other reason you might want to meet with a SoundBio staff member.
- Schedule Zach's Time.
- Schedule Lab Manager Yoshi's Time
- Email with a time during the Open Hours listed on the Public Calendar.
Sign up for monthly Payment or make Payment Change. We use the payment system Recurly to manage membership and other fees. Depending on your membership type, you may be eligible for additional storage options outlined in the Membership & Code of Conduct Document.
Lab Ordering and Inventory
Ordering + Inventory of Lab Supplies:
We use a procurement + inventory system called Quartzy.
- For Researcher + Leads only.
- Quartzy is used for almost all purchases and inventory tracking of supplies in the lab.
- If you are storing items outside of your private storage boxes, they must be recorded in Quartzy.
- We highly encourage purchasing your supplies via our Quartzy lab account. We get reduced pricing on several items, and Quartzy will take care of shipping + contacting manufacturers.
Here is the Quartzy Excel file for uploading inventory in bulk. Our Lab Manager will need to create a Quartzy account for you first, however.
Consumables + Chemicals:
We provide a growing list of consumables in our stockroom that you can purchase for use. You can also take advantage of being able to purchase a small quantity from us at reasonable prices. Please let the Lab Manager know if you are interested in a purchase.
- These single-time purchase reimbursements are made monthly through Stripe. These items are still logged in inventory with Quartzy.
If you want to order:
- products on Addgene (plasmids)
- IDT DNA Technologies (oligos, primers, etc)
- Genewiz services such as sequencing
we have special pricing with these companies!
- For example, custom oligos on IDT are priced at $0.18/bp instead of $0.38/bp.
- Contact email@example.com if you have any questions.